{Hook&Gauge}

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Church Lady Knits Episode 1: Knitting with a noodle

What's New...

Firstly, you will notice that the podcast has changed. For starters, it has a (yet again) new title: Church Lady Knits (with Kristen of Hook&Gauge).

If you are new, welcome! My name is Kristen and by day, I work as a music minister in a suburban church in Raleigh, NC. By night, I am a compulsive crafter. So, the name seemed to fit. Plus, who doesn't love Dana Carvey?

Also, I just felt like the podcast needed a reboot. I cannot articulate why; I have recently been feeling strangely about it and would like to try to be my more relaxed self. For now, I have decided to make the past episodes private on YouTube. The show notes are still available here, so go check them out to see what I was working on.

Who made you buy that yarn? Who could it have been... could it be... SATAN?!


What I Have Finished...


Ronbiais by Elizabeth Brassard in Knit Picks Felici Sport "Boutique" (Discontinued)
"Simple Hat" from Home and Away by Hannah Fettig with Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes (Lagoon)



What I'm Working On...


Left: Ria by Maria Montzka in Quince Chickadee (Clay) 12-month size


What I Have Acquired...


Left: Tuft Woolens Sock Soap in "Blueberry Lemonade" (limited edition for SSK); sample of "Mossy Woods" bath soap

Right: Hedgehog Fibres Sock (Pistachio & Monarch)Home and Away by Hannah Fettig


What's New in the Shop...


Shop update will be September 7th, 2015 (US: Labor Day). Until then, all current style project bags and kits will be 50% off!

New sizes:
- Sweater ($30)
- Shawl, my current standard size ($25)
- Sock ($20)

New features:
- Greater durability and stability from batting interfacing and cotton duck (canvas) lining. Don't worry, they are still plenty flexible!
- Removable wristlet keychain
- Larger sweater size (easily holds a sweater or even a smaller blanket)
- Sock and Shawl bags will be offered in both "landscape" and "portrait" orientations.


What's Been Going On...

The Raleigh Greenway

A beautiful post-monsoon rainbow

Rory antics
I reorganized my office! Let us rejoice! (Seriously... rejoicing is in order...)


Thanks for coming by and have a wonderfully creative week!



No comments:

Post a Comment